Lonely Planet Japan (Travel Guide)
$ 29.99 (as of December 15, 2018, 2:32 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details
Usually ships in 24 hours
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Japan is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop and dine in electric Tokyo, explore Kyoto’s stunning temples and gardens, or hike the majestic Japan Alps; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Japan Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience – including history, art, architecture, literature, cuisine, sake, onsen (hot springs), customs and etiquette, language and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 145 colour maps
- Useful features – including Walking Tours, Travel with Children and Japan on a Budget
- Coverage of Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Kansai, the Japan Alps, Hokkaido, Northern Honshu (Tohoku), Okinawa & the Southwest Islands, Kyushu, Shikoku, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Japan, our most comprehensive guide to Japan, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Japan? Check out Lonely Planet’s Discover Japan, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Tokyo or Kyoto? Check out Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guide and Kyoto guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; or Lonely Planet’s Pocket Tokyo, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Chris Rowthorn, Andrew Bender, Laura Crawford, Trent Holden, Craig McLachlan, Rebecca Milner, Kate Morgan, Benedict Walker and Wendy Yanagihara.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet’s mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Lonely Planet Japan (Travel Guide)$ 29.99
Lonely Planet, Chris Rowthorn, Andrew Bender, Laura Crawford, Trent Holden, Craig McLachlan, Rebecca Milner, Kate Morgan, Benedict Walker, Wendy Yanagihara
Brand: Lonely Planet
776, hundredths-inches, 504, hundredths-inches, 145, hundredths-pounds, 138, hundredths-inches
English, Published, English, Original Language, English, Unknown
142, hundredths-inches, 772, hundredths-inches, 159, hundredths-pounds, 504, hundredths-inches
846, USD, $8.46